Spotify is undoubtedly the most popular music app that is available on the internet. However, despite being the most popular music app, it is yet to make its entry in many countries including India. So in this article, we will provide you with the top Spotify alternatives in India
Nowadays, Spotify has made numerous changes to its free music streaming service. As we all know, Spotify Technology is a music streaming service developed by Daniel Ek, and Martin Lorentzon.
On 7th October 2008, Spotify Technology was launched, and now it is available in 65 regions.
Spotify is a freemium service that is provided free of charge while more advanced features such as improved streaming quality and music downloads are offered via paid subscriptions. Though, with a streaming service, the customer has to pay the nominal monthly charge to access music from the service providers’ library. The quality of accessible music will depend on the plan subscriber has chosen. Subscribers will lose all the access to the music when the subscribing period is over.
In this modern era, we all know that competition for everything is increasing day by day. But, Spotify has still managed the place of being our favorite music streaming service. There is diverse music streaming services with the additional features, like Discover Weekly and Spotify Connect, it feels like the service is coming of age and growing with its user base.
And as, Spotify is not available in India, you might be interested in knowing about some of the top Spotify alternatives. Here is the list:
So guys, here is the list of 5 of the best alternatives to Spotify, giving you unlimited playback (some with advertisements) for free:
Gaana is an excellent spot for listening to Bollywood movie songs with a patient interface. Through this app, you can download your favorite songs and save it to your playlist and play them later. Though if you want to download unlimited songs, then you’ll need to upgrade to the paid version- Gaana+.
1. Bollywood song library has all the latest stuff
2. Variety of preset playlists to get you going instantly
3. Accessibility via the browser and smartphone apps
4. Social networks integrated without being intrusive
5. Quality of streamed songs is outstanding.
1. Genres beyond the popular ones need work
2. The network player is clunky.
3. Searching is not great.
Saavn is the most popular online music service in India and has abundance of features. Saavn is a digital distributor of English, Bollywood, and other regional Indian music such as Tamil, Punjabi, Marathi, and Gujarati.
1. Outstanding streaming quality
2. Hindi track library is up to date
3. Accessibility from the web browser and smartphone apps
4. Very clean interface
1. English song library needs a lot of work
2. Sporadic advertising on basic version, between tracks, is annoying
Tunebash is new in the list of music streaming applications that allows streaming of music and has lots of unique features. It is a free service without any commercials. You can listen to all kinds of music whether Indian or international or from anywhere in the world.
1. Listen to the music of Indian or international.
2. Share songs with your friends
3. You can also be able to see what others are listening to.
1. Radio has a limited collection of ‘stations.’
2. Individual songs are from the same artist.
3. The songs are mostly from unknown artists
SoundCloud might not have the most extensive collection of music, but it’s the go-to place for finding the latest songs by many artists. You can follow your favorite artists to find out what’s launched or search for new aspiring artists. Individuals upload many of the songs, so you might not always get the original song or the best audio quality. You can repost tracks you like and like/ favorite any good tracks you discover. The SoundCloud app for iOS lets you download songs with AudioCopy for offline use. SoundCloud does not have any radio feature.
1. Three levels of membership option.
2. Available in 100+ countries.
3. Good sound quality.
4. Available on a variety of platforms.
1. The interface can be hard to navigate.
2. Music library can feel limited.
3. Have to pay extra to use on mobile devices.
Last.fm is a streaming radio station and was founded in the United Kingdom in 2002. It enables you to play songs online, but you aren’t able to create custom playlists. Instead, you can either like or dislike a piece of music, and also you can choose what artists to play. Last.fm has excellent sound quality and a good selection of music, though many may find the lack of customization frustrating. Like many radio stations, Last.Fm features has commercials, and you can pay $3 a month to get an ad-free version.
1. Good sound quality.
2. Good music catalog.
1. Limited features.
2. Limited customization.
In this article, we have read about Best Spotify Alternatives in India. So, guys, if you liked this article and you think this information can help someone, then please share this article with them and also provide us with your review of the contents.
For much more exciting topics, stay tuned with us and also do bookmark us and we will keep you updated!