Looking for a serious post which could provide good HostGator review? If yes, then you have visited the right post. Are you searching for a good hosting so that you can open up your blog? You might also need it in case of expanding your business online. You might have researched a lot and now want to explore HostGator hosting. So, in this article, we are going to do the HostGator review.
There are a big hype and confusions all around about HostGator. Users sometimes believe in that rumors and change their decisions which can act as a disadvantage to them. For Hostgator review read the full article.
What Is Hostgator
Hostgator is basically a Houston based company which provides hosting to its customers. You might have listened about HostGator as it is one of the most popular hosting providers around the web. It’s widely popular as it hosts more than 9 million domain names under it. They also work in partnership with Linux and Cisco.
Hostgator is basically owned by EIG(Endurance International Group). Bluehost, iPage, and Justhost which are also well-known hosting brands are also owned by EIG. If you want a hosting which is affordable and pocket-friendly then this one is for you. It also provides unmetered bandwidth and free SSL certificate to its customers. This gives a major advantage to HostGator.
Uptime Of Hostgator
A website seems of good quality only when it is never down and stable too. If the uptime of any hosting brand is not up to the mark, then you should never go for it. But HostGator is a step ahead of uptime. It manages to provide an average uptime of 99.98% which is quite good. The uptime of HostGator was not that good in previous months but it has been improving a lot.
The last few months average uptime of HostGator is as follows-
- December 2017 average uptime-99.94%
- January 2018 average uptime-99.98%
- February 2018 average uptime-100%
- March 2018 average uptime-99.95%
- April 2018 average uptime-99.96%
- May 2018 average uptime-99.98%
- June 2018 average uptime-100%
- July 2018 average uptime-99.99%
- August 2018 average uptime-99.99%
- September 2018 average uptime-100%
- October 2018 average uptime-99.95%
- November 2018 average uptime-99.99%
- December 2018 average uptime-99.98%
Also, Read- Interserver Hosting Review
Pros Of Hostgator Hosting
As I stated above about the uptime of HostGator hosting. It has maintained an average uptime of 99.98% which is quite sufficient for holding a good website. In terms uptime, HostGator can be preferred for sure.
Good Customer Support-
Customer support is a major part of a business. If the customer support of a company or brand is not good, the customers will never return to it. But this case is not with HostGator. It conveniently provides 24/7/365 customer support. Hostgator customer support can be reached through phone, email and live chat too. There is a delay in the services but the service is up to the mark. You must not ignore the level of customer support before buying any hosting. This is because in the future if you face any problem, the staff can solve your queries.
45-Day Money Back Guarantee-
While reading reviews of other hosting brands you must have noticed that they provide money back guarantee of only 30 days. But HostGator is different. It provides a 45-day money back guarantee to its valuable customers. In these 45 days, you can test their web services before purchasing a hosting plan of the 1-3 year. But there are some conditions and limitations of this 45-day money back guarantee. They are-
- Your money will not be refunded in case of administrative fees, dedicated servers, domain name purchase or install fees for custom software. Refund is only processed in the case of shared hosting, VPS hosting or reseller hosting.
- If you have an order of only 0.01$, then also your refund will not be initiated.
- If the payment mode chosen by you is a check, bank wire transfer or money order, then your refund will not be processed. If you want to be eligible for the money back guarantee then you have to choose payment methods like a credit card, debit card or Paypal.
Good Security & Free Migration-
Hostgator provides quite good security to its customers. It is protected against the powerful attacks of DDoS. Not only this but it also provides free SSL certificate and automatic malware too. This helps in making your website secured to the next level. It also provides you assistance in migrating your site from another hosting to HostGator. You can migrate your site for free but you are eligible to migrate only for the first 30 days of initial sign up.
Cons Of Hostgator Hosting
Low Page Load Speed-
Page load time is one of the most important factors for ranking your website. Low page load time makes your website user-friendly too. Unfortunately, HostGator could not perform up to the mark. The average page load time of HostGator was 984ms. This makes it 10% slower than the industry average page load time which is 890ms. The average page load speed of HostGator was as follows-
- December 2017 average speed-988ms
- January 2018 average speed-1002ms
- February 2018 average speed-1019ms
- March 2018 average speed-992ms
- April 2018 average speed-897ms
- May 2018 average speed- 986ms
- June 2018 average speed-994ms
- July 2018 average speed-969ms
- August 2018 average speed-933ms
- September 2018 average speed-1027ms
- October 2018 average speed-1014ms
- November 2018 average speed-987ms
- December 2018 average speed-934ms
Yes, you read it correctly. Hostgator plays price games with its customers. The price of web hosting looks good in the advertisement but after the service of 1 year, the renewal rates are damn high. If you want to buy web hosting in high discount from HostGator then you have to go for the 3-year membership plan. The renewal rates increase very much as soon as your plan expires.
Hostgator Plans, Pricing & General Features
Hostgator provides three plans for the shared hosting. They are named as hatchling plan, baby plan, and business plan. You can see the prices and details in the image below.
Some of the common facts of Hostgator hosting are-
- Easy Signup Process– Hostgator has made signing up the process quite simple and smooth. This makes it very easy to sign up and make an account on HostGator.
- Activation Of Account– Account activation takes a lot of time. It can take up to 24 to 48 hours to activate your account of HostGator.
- Upsells- A lot of upsells are available.
- Hidden Fees– Users can use only 25% of resources of the system. Accounts having more than 100,000 inodes are immediately removed from their backup system automatically.
- Hostgator gives you access to HostGator website builder which is packed up with 100 mobile friendly templates with an image library too. It also gives you access to 52 free scripts which you can install on your web in few clicks.
We are sure that our Hostgator review has made you reach the conclusion. Our answer for a recommendation of HostGator hosting- Yes and No too. This is because the uptime of HostGator is quite good, but when we look at the page load speed, it is quite low. We must tell you that they are improving a lot since the last few months. Queries are highly appreciated in the comment section.